When undergoing a self-build project, there are multiple demands on your time and attention at every stage of the build, which can be stressful and exhausting. However, the consequences of missing something important can be serious, and can sometimes result in significant costs and/or time added to the project.
One thing that can help bring a measure of peace of mind before completion of the project is to ensure a self-build structural warranty is in place that covers the property’s structural integrity against any serious defects that might come to light in the first 10 years after it’s finished.
Before the self-build structural warranty is issued, certain checks will need to be made, including checking of the plans and a number of inspections of the building work, ideally at several different stages of the project.
The benefits of a self-build structural warranty include:
- 10 years of cover, starting from completion of the project
- Lenders require a warranty before they will enable potential buyers to take a mortgage on the property
- If you are financing the self-build project with a mortgage, your own lender may require a warranty to be in place
- A self-build structural warranty can be taken out even if the project has already started
- Provides peace of mind for the homeowner and future homeowners if the property is sold within 10 years
- Covers not only new self-builds, but also structural renovations and extensions or conversions
Why self-builders choose Advantage for their warranty
Our team have more than 40 years of industry experience and understand exactly what it takes to self-build a property and run a project on this scale. Our processes are set up to take care of the hassle and help you focus on working on your build, all with competitive pricing and a flexible approach.
Contact us for a quote on your self-build project.