This month, Derek Byrne, one of our Relationship Managers at AHCI, has broken down the process of acquiring a structural warranty, from submitting your plans, right through to receiving the paperwork that shows that your cover is in place. If you think you may need a structural defects warranty, Derek or another friendly member of the team will be happy to offer advice to help you find the most appropriate cover for you or your client.
ACQUIRING A STRUCTURAL WARRANTY – A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE:
- The applicant submits plans, specification & their completed application form.
- We will calculate a quote for the policy. The fee is calculated based on the individual property but is mainly linked to the floor area.
- Our local inspector will visit the applicant for an appraisal meeting.
- You sign and return an acceptance letter.
- We will supply a technical manual, other policy documents and a site folder to log progress and inspection results.
- The build begins and site inspections are requested at designated stages to check compliance with the warranty standards. It is worth noting that often the technical standards required by us are higher than those required by building control.
- When the build is complete and all stage certificates and a completion certificate have been issued, the 10-year structural defects cover begins.
We’re proud to provide structural defects warranties for a wide range of projects – from individual self-builds to £50m developments and social housing schemes. As we’re structural defects warranty specialists, you’ll benefit from our expertise in this area. You’ll have a relationship manager, like Derek Byrne, to respond to your queries personally, helping to get the cover you require in place with both on and off-site support.
Contact one of our structural defects insurance experts today to find out more or to discuss your requirements on 0845 900 3969.
For further background on structural defects warranties, please pay a visit to our Structural Defects Warranty page.